By Lyndsay Smith ::
Did you ever wonder what historians can do outside of academia? Well, here is one fine example.
In this episode, PSU alumna Eliza Canty-Jones discusses community engagement and how she works to give a voice to the diverse histories of Oregonians as the Director of Community Engagement at the Oregon Historical Society and the Editor of the Oregon Historical Quarterly.
Eliza’s passion for her community shows in her professional and personal endeavors.
- Century of Action: http://centuryofaction.org/
- Simon, Nina. The Participatory Museum. Santa Cruz, CA: Museum 2.0, 2010. Or free online at: http://www.participatorymuseum.org/
- Museum 2.0 blog: http://museumtwo.blogspot.com/
- Lewis, Catherine M. The Changing Face of Public History: The Chicago Historical Society and the Transformation of an American Museum. Dekalb, IL: Northern Illinois University Press, 2005.
- Laws, Ana Luisa Sánchez. Museum Websites and Social Media: Issues of Participation, Sustainability, Trust and Diversity. New York: Berghahn Books, 2015.